What Are the Most Ground Breaking Games of All Time?
Games have been a steady supply of entertainment for humans since antiquity. Over the course of the coming and going of various civilizations, we have seen the rise of games in various mediums. These mediums include the development and then widespread adoption and adaptation of games into various categories. We can generalize them into three broad categories (keeping in mind the progress of time) – Outdoor/Physical Games/Sports, Indoor/Board Games, and Electronic/Video Games.
Let’s look at some of the most groundbreaking games of all time from these categories.
- Association Football/Soccer. In 1848, Cambridge University formed what would be a rough draft and a blueprint called the ‘Cambridge Rules’ for what would eventually be known as Association Football or simply Football (soccer in the United States). Football is the most popular sport of all time. Followed by approximately 3.5 billion people around the world with peak popularity around the European, Asian, African and American continents.
- Cricket. Cricket had come a long way from the 1300s when it was considered just a child’s game. The sport currently has the following base of approximately 2.5 billion people from all around the world, with India, Pakistan, Australia and England being some of the countries where the sport is most popular.
- Basketball. Basketball ranks third as the most popular sports game of all time. The sport has a cult following of around 2.2 to 2.4 billion people around the world. The sport isn’t as old as cricket or football. However, it has raked in a dedicated following of fans, players and many notable sportsmen and sportswomen. The sport is extremely popular in countries like the Philippians, Japan, Canada, the USA, and China.
- Chess. Dating back to 1200, it’s a game that involves 16 pieces of six different types. The game aims to capture the opponent’s king. Chess has been popular since its inception, and it has a deep learning curve to it, employing strategies and tactics. It is the best-selling board game of all time, with over 3 million copies sold in the US alone every year.
- The inception of the game dates back to 1904 to creators Elizabeth Magie and Charles Darrow under the name “The Landlord’s Game”. Later the rights to the game were purchased by the Parker brothers and was marketed and sold publicly in 1935. The objective of the game is to outshine your opponents through the in-game practice of real estate. In 2011, the game was said to have sold a total of 275 million units.
- Scrabble. Created and designed by Aldred M. Butts in 1938, Scrabble is a game that requires 2 to 4 players. The objective of the game is to have players create words with letter tiles. The longer and more intrinsic a word, the higher points the player scores. The game helps children, teens, and adults refine and further develop their vocabulary, spelling, and probability skills, to name a few. In 2017, the game was said to have sold more than 150 million units.More Movies Download from here Kuttymovies
- Tetris. Created and developed in 1984 by Alexey Pajitnov, Tetris is a game that everyone in the last 3 to 4 decades has come across and is very likely to have played. The game is synonymous with handheld gaming. The game has sold millions upon millions of copies from the time it was released, spawning clones, copies and rip-offs. The game is what made Nintendo the most coveted handheld console back in the day and is what cemented Nintendo as the the-go-to console for handheld gaming ever since.
- Super Mario Bros. In 1985, the video game industry was at an all-time dry, and it seemed like things would end. That was when Nintendo and director-producer Shigeru Miyamoto and designer Takashi Tezuka would come together to give us the Italian plumber that we all know and love. The game is said to have saved the video game industry single-handed. Mario is one of the most well-known video game characters of all time throughout the globe. The game is said to have sold over 44.23 million copies in its initial year, which was a world record that was broken only in 2009.
- Minecraft. Created by Markus “Notch” Persson in 2009 using the Java programming language, Minecraft has a huge cult following unlike any other game in the industry. Minecraft was officially released from its alpha and beta versions in 2011. The game was and still is very community-based, with Mojang (the current development team) taking notice of what the player base wants. Notch sold Mojang (which was founded by him) to Microsoft in 2014 for $2.4 billion. Minecraft currently holds the title as the best-selling game of all time, with over 238 million copies of the game sold and with a monthly active user base of over 140 million players as of 2021 over the various console and PC platforms.
Games have been an integral part of human civilization, and it has evolved alongside us through the ages. There are no limits to what comes next in the world of sports and games. New games are created constantly. However, GGBet is a place to go to if you enjoy betting and gambling. Casino games, live sports betting and e-sport betting, are categories that players can choose to avail themselves to further add to their gaming experience and the thrill of gambling. Head to the GGBet website and download the GGBet app to join in today!